Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Women's Draw Tennis Tournament (Aug)
General Tournament Rules
Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 8:00 AM until 12:00 PM
Registration is required before Monday, August 1, 2022 at 3:00 PM
Payment In Full In Advance Only
1. All adult tournament participants, including doubles partners, must be Yacht Club members and at least 16 years old. Only current GLPYC staff may play in tournaments without being members.
2. Participants must sign up (on-line or in the office) by noon on the day before the tournament is scheduled. Any tournament fees must be paid at the time of signup. For the summer of 2020, participants can only sign up on line, and must sign up by 5:00 pm on the Thursday before weekend tournaments and 5:00 pm the Sunday before Tuesday tournaments.
3. Participants must be available the day of the tournament itself and the day of the finals. There will be no rescheduling for other commitments. If a player discovers he or she is unable to play before the tournament starts, he or she will withdraw. If a player qualifies for the finals and is unable to play at the scheduled time, he or she will forfeit. If a player must withdraw or forfeit, he or she should let the office staff (if play is not in process) or Tournament Director (if play is in process) know as soon as possible to allow format and/or seedings to be adjusted if possible. Adjustments could include removing or adding Ads, increasing or decreasing the number of games and/or sets played per opponent, switching from round robin to bracket or vice versa or any other adjustment the Tournament Director deems necessary for the match.
4. Tournament fees will be refunded with a $2.00 handling fee up until noon the day before the tournament. No refunds will be granted after that point.
5. Doubles participants must have a partner in order to play. While the office and tennis staff will assist players in finding partners, there are no guarantees. If you sign up for a doubles tournament on-line, our system will require you to provide the name of your partner. If your partner has not signed up for the tournament, we will attempt to charge his or her ac